EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a cook position or culinary experience
- Asian cooking experience preferred including Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Korean & Vietnamese cuisines.
- Diploma or Certificate in Culinary Arts or comparable education preferred
- Red Seal or equivalent certification an asset
- Solid understanding of meat, starch, sauces, soups and food safety preparation
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours, and special events
- Knowledgeable in safe handling practiced when using sharp knives, utensils and hot plates.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume restaurant
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move throughout the kitchen (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds or more.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here may be representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in a professional office setting, but there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, excessive noise.
Hard Rock Ottawa values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.