EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum of one year of prior work experience in a multi unit property
- Prior experience in pre-opening and opening properties
- Knowledge of banquets and catering preferred.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal customers and team members, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Relevant experience in the hospitality industry inclusive of restaurant culinary operations
- Possess all local food management and safety certifications
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for food
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of business acumen and common sense
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to diagnose and implement solutions
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent time management skills, along with the ability to forecast the time management needs of others.
- Basic mathematical skills which include the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, specific to position responsibilities.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move throughout the kitchen (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds or more.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here may be representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in a professional office setting, but there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, excessive noise.
Hard Rock Ottawa values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.